DO YOU SUFFER FROM BACK PAIN DUE TO SPORT-RELATED INJURIES? PHYSICAL THERAPY CAN HELP YOU RESTORE YOUR HEALTH TO NORMAL!!!
Are you an athlete (amateur or professional) or a regular sports lover, and your back hurts in such a way that no matter what you do, the pain sensation increases? If yes, then there are higher chances that you may be suffering from a sports-related injury.
Although, sports injuries are very rampant and mostly take a toll on the spine and back. Luckily, sports injuries can be also be treated effectively using physical therapy. However, few injuries can also heal naturally without the need for rehabilitation. Whichever form of sports injuries you sustain, it is best to consult a licensed and skilled physical therapist immediately.
Instep physical therapy in downtown Edmonton provides the best physiotherapy services in the entire Edmonton. We have highly skilled dedicated physical therapists who can use various therapeutic modalities designed to assist an athlete in achieving a full recovery from back and spine sports injuries as well as help them return to the sporting activities they love.
To know more about our services, contact Instep physical therapy to book an appointment. We will help you achieve the comfort that you desire. So kindly keep on reading to discover how physical therapy can help you out immediately you sustain sports-related back pain using body self-healing mechanism.
Most common sport-related back injuries
Various sports-related back injuries can cause different levels of pain and limited motion range. Some of the injuries we treat include,
1. Lumbar sprains and strains– this form of injury is mostly sustained by frequent weight lifters. The lumbar is the lower back in the body,and due to its functionality,sprains and strains occur oftentimes. In most cases, lumbar sprains and strains do not require medical attention except the pain prolongs for weeks. If a patient’s lumbar pain persists for an extended period of time, it is highly advisable to contact a physical therapist.
2. Cervical injuries– cervical injuries occur at the back during sporting activities like football and basketball. If a patient is suffering from this condition, they tend to feel tingling or numbness around their shoulders due to nerves compression on the cervical spine.
3. Fractures and other related spine injuries– Sporting activities that require consistent movement can lead to fractures and other spine complications. Activities like gymnastics, volleyball, dancing, or cheerleading create more pressure and stress, which causes a sprain to occur on the spine.
If you detect a slight pain around your back region and it doesn’t seem to decrease after a short while, you can help yourself by visiting a nearby physiotherapist to get your condition examined and treated. A physical therapist will find the root cause of your back pain before making recommendations to help you live a better life again.
Ways to self-determine if your back pain is severe
As initially mentioned, most back injuries do self-heal without requiring any additional assistance from a medical doctor, physical therapist, or even from the consumption of pain-receiving drugs. So, if you observe that your pain doesn’t seem to relieve naturally, that’s your condition might be a severe and complicated one that requires specialist care.
Also, if you notice your back pain keeps increasing instead of decreasing gradually, that is a major sign to tell that a physical therapist is needed for a proper assessment and treatment. In addition, if your back pain tends to affect your walking or balance function as well as inflate pain to the legs and other parts of the body, creating discomfort for more than 6 weeks, physical therapy treatment is the most effective way to address such condition.
How can a physical therapist treat my sports-related back pain?
If you are suffering from a sports-related back injury, do not panic. Our physical therapists in Edmonton can help you recover as soon as possible using a suitable therapeutic approach to improve your motion range, muscular strength, and eliminate any underlying symptoms or pain.
When you arrive at instep physical therapy in downtown Edmonton, our therapist will examine your condition in order to identify the root cause of your back pain as well as establish if the cause is due to sports injury or degenerative condition. Then after, your personalized treatment plan will be developed and may include varieties of therapeutic methods to achieve relief and lower the possibility of recurrence sooner or later. Some of the therapy programs used in treating back pain include
- Strengthening exercises
- Flexibility exercises
- Spinal alignment and improvement of its function
- Stabilization exercises
- Orthotic training for leg or foot imbalances
- Lifestyle coaching
- Heat therapy and alternating cryotherapy.
- Cold laser therapy
- Massage therapy
Begin your back pain treatment today!!!
You do not have to continue suffering from back pain for the rest of your life. We can help you eradicate such pain using natural, non-invasive, and result-promising treatment methods suitable for your body and overall health.
If you are looking for a nearby physiotherapy clinic in Edmonton to have proper treatment and recover quickly, Instep physical therapy is the wise choice for you.
Our physical therapists are licensed and trained in helping patients return to their daily activity in optimal condition. If you are feeling pain or any discomfort, do not hesitate to contact us to schedule an appointment.