PEDIATRIC PHYSIOTHERAPY DOWNTOWN EDMONTON
Pediatric Physical Therapy Edmonton
Pediatric Physiotherapy is the assessment and treatment of children with developmental, neurological and growth-related conditions. It takes into consideration the unique needs, anatomy and biomechanics of children from birth until full growth and development has occurred.The goal of pediatric physio therapy is to facilitate participation, development and independence in life taking into consideration the unique, ever-changing needs of the growing baby, child, and adolescent.
Pediatric physiotherapists in Edmonton have a clear understanding and knowledge base of pediatric conditions and illnesses, growth-related conditions, and developmental stages and milestones. They are aware of primitive reflex patterns seen in babies and young children and can identify abnormalities in growth, posture, alignment and development. Pediatric physio therapists are also specialists in growth-related conditions and injuries that present in pre-teen and adolescents.
Pediatric physio therapy is the right option for your child if they are experiencing problems, pain or gross motor challenges related to growth and/or development.
No Doctors referral needed for the appointment. We closely work with Paediatrician and Family physicians
- Post-surgical conditions
- Pediatric Concussion
- Joint pain
- Movement Analysis and range of motion
- Strength endurance training
- Gross or fine motor Training
- Balance and Coordination Training
- Functional activities Training
- Activity modification Training
- Growth related disorders such as Osgood-Schlatter’s
- Physiotherapy for Cerebral Palsy
- Disease, Sever’s Disease and Little League Elbow
- Kids Sports Injuries / Trauma / Overuse injuries
- Gross Motor and Physiotherapy for Developmental Delay
- Head Shape Concerns (Plagiocephaly)
- Tip-toe Walking / In-toeing Gait / Bowed Legs
- Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis
- Scheuermann’s Disease
- Physiotherapy for Torticollis
- Hip Dysplasia
- Pediatric Neuro Rehabilitation
- Pediatric Stroke
- Developmental Disability
Physiotherapic Pain relieving Treatment for differently abled Child
Pain relieving treatment for pediatric physiotherapy Edmonton – Injuries steal their freedom to just be kids. We help them get it back. Our therapists use fun, productive sessions that keep them entertained and pain-free. This will be done by our loving Pediatric physiotherapist in edmonton.
Strength building for Pediatric kids
Strength-building exercises– Strong bodies are healthy bodies. We help kids gradually regain strength in the injured area with easy-to-learn exercises they’ll actually enjoy doing.
Movement activities for differently abled children
Better movement– Injuries can cause mobility issues, even after healing. We get kids moving again by focusing on treatments that improve their range of motion.
Extra confidence boost– You want to see your child confident in their abilities. So do we. Our approach focuses on building self-esteem and a positive self-image for kids after injury.
Why Child physiotherapy is important
Our physiotherapist is near you to give you education based on the condition your kid is in. We provide relief for those who are suffering from pediatric conditions mentioned above. Our child physiotherapy is specially designed to help the kids around Edmonton to attain their full potential. We work forward to achieving that goal to its fullest.
Duties of a Pediatric physiotherapist
- A pediatric physiotherapist will access the welfare of the kid and assist them with it.
- The assessment will be done as soon as the therapist starts his communication with you and your child.
- Then the physiotherapist must prepare a treatment plan for your kid’s needs.
- Then the education part will happen where you and your kid will be given education on the ongoing condition.
- The main duty is to take the therapy session in a flow to give maximum benefits to the child and parent.
Occupational therapy for your child
Occupational therapy includes training your child to do basic functions like:
- Using bathroom
There are multiple things going on in the world right now so it is hard on all of us, especially for parents who are having a differently abled child. All your child need is a little bit of assistance and exercise to carry forward with their life. Our pediatric physiotherapists in Edmonton will do all the necessary procedures to improve the motor functions of your kid. They will also improve their communication and occupational skills to help them function better in this world.